Thu, 18 May|
Nature Investment Standards Programme webinar
Investing in nature, from woodlands, peatlands and wetlands to hedgerows and wild meadows, supports biodiversity, net zero and other environmental benefits.
Time & Location
18 May 2023, 14:00 – 15:45
About the event
What’s this webinar about?
Investing in nature, from woodlands, peatlands and wetlands to hedgerows and wild meadows, supports biodiversity, net zero and other environmental benefits. We are leading a programme for nature investment standards, in partnership with Defra, and involving extensive stakeholder input from across UK nature markets, to help boost market confidence and overcome barriers in this space.
Join this webinar to learn more about the programme, how to get involved and hear from key stakeholders.
What will participants gain?
By attending the webinar, you can:
· Learn about the programme and how it can help build confidence in nature markets and increase private sector investment into nature recovery.
· Discover the emerging standards framework that will set out clear principles and robust requirements to drive efficiency, greater clarity and rigour for high integrity markets
· Hear from Lord Benyon on the UK Government’s market framework and get valuable perspectives and insights from other key stakeholders.
· Pose questions to nature experts and standards makers.
Who should attend the webinar?
The webinar will provide important insights to a wide spectrum of public body, land management, environmental and financial stakeholders including:
- Organizations involved in the natural environment investment readiness fund (NEIRF)
- Farmers, land owners and land managers
- Financial institutions and investors
- Nature project developers and scheme operators
- Environmental NGOs, charities and other bodies
- Environmental consultants
- Public sector organisations and related bodies, including Devolved Administrations and local government
- Financial and environmental regulators
- Academics, researchers, scientists and experts